The Friends of Appleton Library (FOAL) are holding a membership drive Oct. 21-25. Look for a Friends member at a table near the circulation desk. They will offer the opportunity to become a Friends member and show your support for our library. New members will be entered into a drawing to win a basket of goodies including chocolates, gift cards from CSI and Harmony Café and more! Everyone is welcome to purchase the brand new canvas tote bags sporting the APL logo for only $8.00. The table will be staffed on Tuesday through Friday from 2:00-6:00 pm and on Saturday from 1:00-5:00 pm.
Why join FOAL?
The Appleton Public Library needs friends – and the Friends need you!
FOAL demonstrates commitment & support for the Library, by providing:
- funds to support library programming and marketing
- political support and advocacy -- FOAL helped the library get its current building, supported the 1996 expansion, and continues to work for future improvements.
- many volunteer opportunities & support for volunteer efforts
- assistance with library programs
- sponsorship of the annual “Give a Child a Book” campaign, providing thousands of books as holiday gifts to children in low-income families
- support to the FOAL/Frank P. Young Scholarship, educating the next generation of librarians
- support and appreciation for the APL staff, with an annual holiday breakfast and other assistance
- a large membership in the Friends send a message to elected officials that the community supports their library
- The feeling of knowing that you’re part of the library’s work – supporting community, families and education
- The satisfaction of positive civic engagement – working together with others to make things better
- A perk for FOAL members: exclusive access to a “Preview Sale” at the FOAL Used Book Sales in May and November.
- New Lifetime members get an attractive and useful new canvas tote bag sporting the APL logo.
- Individual membership: $10
- Family: $25
- Supporting: $35
- Life membership: $100 (one-time payment)
Please consider joining the Friends today! FOAL has supported the Library since 1975; we need and value your support and participation! See http://www.apl.org/friends.html.