The reality is that public libraries are not in a position to compete with power houses like Netflix, Amazon, and iTunes.He also quotes Roy Tennant's summary of a Business Week article on corporate change:
* Watch for treacherous shiftsOne answer is that our mission differs profoundly from Netflix, Amazon, and iTunes. They make a profit; we provide learning opportunities and build community. If we were only about moving popular materials, I'd find the concern more valid.
* Get your best people behind the program
* Give your new initiatives room to breathe
* Make painful breaks with the past
* Don’t confuse what your company does with how it does it
Read, think, discuss.