Retiring Guy (aka Middleton Public Library Director Paul Nelson) points out a great article in this month's issue of Governing magazine. "Revolution in the Stacks" emphasizes the need for public libraries to serve a teen clientèle, but along the way, it touches on a lot of issues. Certainly many of them are relevant for our community:
- increasing library use
- changes brought about by technology
- the continuing digital divide
- opportunities for shared media production facilities
- changes in library design, including models from retail
- public libraries as "the third place"
- library 2.0 as a means of developing interactive, client-centered services.
The Governing article is worth reading for librarians & trustees -- the municipal officials in the magazines may already be reading it, so it's an opportunity.